Entries are invited for the thirteenth annual Georgian Group Architectural Awards, sponsored by Savills.
These unique awards, covering the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, recognise excellence in the restoration of Georgian buildings. Awards are also given to the best new Classical building and to the best new building in a Georgian context.
The deadline for entries is Friday 30 October 2015.
The Awards will be presented by The Duke of Wellington at the Royal Institute of British Architects on 16 December 2015.
Instructions from the Georgian Group on entering:
Entering is free and we hope straightforward – all we need is a brief written description of your project with photos (‘before’ and ‘after’ ones for restoration schemes). Images are best sent using either Dropbox or www.wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are available at www.georgiangroup.org.uk
The categories for the 2015 Awards are:
- Restoration of a Georgian country house
- Restoration of a Georgian building in an urban setting
- Reuse of a Georgian building
- Restoration of a Georgian interior
- Restoration of a Georgian garden or landscape (including garden buildings such as monuments and follies)
- New building in the Classical tradition
- The Giles Worsley award for a new building in a Georgian context
The Georgian Group, founded in 1937, is the national charity for the protection of Georgian buildings, townscapes, monuments, parks and gardens. We have a statutory role in advising English and Welsh planning authorities on proposals to alter or demolish listed Georgian buildings. We also promote awareness and appreciation of our Georgian heritage.
Robert Bargery, Secretary, The Georgian Group: 020 7529 8920 or 07766 690720, email@example.com